Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cupcake Fail.

Tonight has been one of those nights.

For Marc's birthday I wanted to have two flavors of cupcakes.  So I decided to try to make a vanilla cupcake with mini chocolate chips, filled with a strawberry/cool whip mix and topped with vanilla frosting.

Let's just say three major things happened....

#1 - the mini cupcake liners I bought were for truffles not cupcakes so they were even smaller and harder to fill.

#2 - the filling was too thin.  It was going into the cupcake properly, plus it was making a mess.

#3 - Marc was chopping garlic to put in a marinade for the chicken wings we were having for dinner and instead of putting them into the marinade he put into the rest of my strawberry/cool whip mixture that I was going to try to thicken.

At that point I gave up.  I threw it all away which was complete waste but I wasn't going to bring in too tiny cupcakes with garlic flavored fill.

I said I would post the good with the bad and this is the bad.

Maybe I will just have the Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes...they were really yummy after all.

Sigh.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

garlic flavored cup cakes!!! Yucko!!
Girl all of my cupcakes that i have baked in the last 2 months have burned! ALL OF THEM! We just bought a new oven but it isn't installed yet! Now I am not a baker..I am a crafter..but I do love to bake pretty cupcakes and when they fail I feel defeated!

Post a Comment