Friday, March 4, 2011

Guest Blogger Melanie from The McMommy Diaries

Hi everyone! Leslie was nice enough to share her blog with me today so that I could get to know her awesome readers. I'll start by quickly introducing myself, and my blog, and then I'll be sharing a Saint Patrick's Day craft with you {okay, I admit, it's a kids craft, but this mom had just as much fun as her little one did, lol}





My name is Melanie McFadden
I'm 28 yrs old & have one child {a son named Joshua}
I married the best guy I've ever met
My life revolves around being a SAHM
I'm a Preeclampsia survivor
Joshua's a former Micro Preemie {born @ 1 pound, 7 ounces}
I'm the oldest of 4 daughters {my poor father, lol}

You can find me rambling about over at The McMommy Diaries. I mostly blog about my life as a mom, which includes an abundance of my crazy little guy, now 3 years old. You'll also find fun finds, blog hops and more. I'm also hoping to venture into the world of reviews and giveaways! Wish me luck (wink) and I'd love for you to stop on by if you'd like!




Leprechaun in The Mirror, Saint Patrick's Day Craft
click on images to enlarge

Supplies: foam sheets (your choice of colors), craft glue,
a plastic mirror and scissors.


I used yellow(2 for background), green sparkly (1 for hat & clover),
brown (1 for hair & beard), and black (1 for strip on hat).


Take one of your yellow sheets and glue or tape the mirror onto it. Then, take your second yellow sheet and cut a circle {no bigger than the size of the mirror} into it. Now line the two sheets up and glue the second on the first.

 

Next, cut out your hat from your green foam sheet. Cut a black strip from your black foam sheet and a square from your left over yellow sheet. Attach as shown above. Last, cut your hair and beard out and glue all pieces together similar to the image below. Let dry approx 15 minutes and your child can now see him or herself as a Lucky Leprechaun.

I used my leftover green sparkly foam to cut out a 3 leaf clover for decoration. Cut 3 hearts and a stem. Arrange accordingly and viola!



 

There you have it! A simple and fairly cheap craft to do with the kids that they will love this Saint Patty's Day! I hope you enjoyed it and I want to thank Leslie so much for sharing her blog with me!

Melanie McFadden @ The McMommy Diaries

Thanks to Melanie for sharing her blog and this cute craft with us!  Be sure to check out her blog, it is one of my favorite reads.  Plus Melanie loves the show Dexter, so that just means she is awesome.  :-)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Thank you again Leslie for sharing your blog with me. You've been an awesome new blogging friend! This craft was really fun to make. And Joshua LOVES to look at himself in the mirror, so it was perfect, lol :)
www.TheMcMommyDiaries.blogspot.com

raveninthewolfden said...

Hi Leslie! For the love of blogs, introduced our handmade trade partner, and I got you! I just wanted to let you know, that Im way excited! I will be emailing you. ON the trade post it says my email is Lerwill517{at}yahoo.com but that has since changed, it is now
Meomy.socialbutterfly{at}yahoo.com

EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS, PLEASE!

raveninthewolfden said...

I have a few questions I am posting to you on my blog on Monday. Please go to my blog to see them! =) have a good week!

Post a Comment