Friday, February 25, 2011

Rockin' Lobster Sliders

I'm from Maine and even though I live in Massachusetts now, I'm a Maine girl at heart.  Always will be.

When you think of Maine, what do you think of?

For a lot of people it is lobster.  I love lobster.  In fact, my Aunt introduced me to lobster when I was 2, I've been in love ever since.  When I was trying to think of something different to cook for dinner tonight that would be yummy and that I could share on my blog, inspiration struck when I thought "lobster sliders".

Let me tell you, I impressed even myself.  I'm not a confident cook, so I become a bit nervous and start doubting what I'm trying to do.  Luckily, Marc was there to help me and even helped me kick up the flavor a bit.  They super easy to make too.

Ingredients:
*2 Lobsters
Steamed by the grocery store, they usually don't charge for it and 
it's way easier than cooking them yourself then having to wait for them to cool.
*Mayo
*Lemon
*Pepper
*Chives
*Thyme
*Butter
*Dijon Mustard (not pictured, last minute addition)
*Dinner Rolls


First shell your lobsters.  No easy way to do this, just have to put your strong fingers on and do it.

While Marc was shelling the lobsters, I made the mayo  mixture.
I probably used between 2 and 3 tablespoons of mayo.
Then I diced up some chives, not a whole lot as you can see.  It's really a judgement call for what you want yours to taste like.
I squeezed some lemon juice into the mayo as well as a few grinds of pepper.  Again, no exact measurements.  I just eyeballed and tasted to get the flavor I wanted.

After I took this picture, I added in a very small amount of Grey Poupon mustard.  I don't think regular yellow mustard would have worked as well.  As for the mustard quantity, I would say I added less than a teaspoon of mustard.

In a saucepan I put 1/2 a stick of butter and some thyme leaves, I heated the pan on medium so I didn't scorch the butter or thyme.
While the pan on was, I would move rotate/shake/not sure of the cooking term the pan to incorporate the thyme into the butter.

Liberated Lobster Meat.

Action shot of chopping lobster into smaller pieces.
Those are Marc's hands, he is not handy with a camera.

Once the Thyme/Butter mixture was melted, I brushed onto my dinner rolls that I cut in half.
I put the oven on broil and popped them in while I did the last few steps of the lobster mixture.
Nicely diced Lobster. 

I had leftover butter & thyme after brushing the dinner rolls so I poured that over my lobster meat first.
Then I added the mayo mixture.  

Crispy and delicious rolls.

Voila!  Lobster Sliders!


The one thing I will do differently next time is leave out the chives.  I didn't like the taste of them with the thyme, luckily we added so few that the chives didn't ruin the taste of this batch.

Out of the 2 lobsters, I was able to fill 4 sliders.  Our lobsters were on the smaller side but I feel it was a decent portion, especially if you serve it with a side dish.   You could make more of a mayo mixture to make your lobster go further, but I wanted a subtle mayo taste.

Linking Up at...

Texas Monkey







Lovely Crafty HomeCraft GoodiesSpunky JunkyPhotobucketBWS tips button
lil luna link party button

18 comments:

... said...

I love you...this look so yummy.

-Missy-
http://3beautifulkiddos.blogspot.com/

Laurabudcody said...

I'm a new follower from Swingin by Sunday!
These look so good, I've got to try this recipe!!!

<3 Laura
http://pandaandgiraffe.blogspot.com/

Debra Chapoton, author said...

You can't miss with lobster and lots of butter. Yum.
Visiting on the hop from Edge of Escape

Randi S said...

New follower from Comment Love!
I don't think I've ever eaten lobster but my husband is a fan and has wanted me to try cooking it one day...I might have to give this a shot when he's home:)

Jodi said...

Just found you at FTLOB. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog design. It is fabulous. Did you do it yourself? I'm from MA too!
jodi
jodibeansblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness that looks heavenly! Lovely blog you have here! Love the photos :]
I'm visiting from FTLOB & I'm your newest reader.
~Angel

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Debbiedoos said...

Tasty looking sandwiches there! Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

We love seafood - my DH is from cT. Looks yummy.

Michelle @ On and Off My Plate said...

Now, this is a slider! I can't wait to try these....

Lyssa Beth said...

Wow, my husband would love these! Thanks for sharing.
I would love for you to link up at my "scrumtrulescent saturdays recipe party!"
http://bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com/2011/02/scrumtrulescent-saturdays-party-green.html
Lyssa

bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com

Patty said...

This is definitely a "must do" on my list! Thanks for sharing!


Patty
http://anothercookieplease.blogspot.com

b. lee said...

oh yo! this looks dynamite :D

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

I think I could easily eat 4 or 5 of these. That's not wrong, right?! :) Happy Tasty Tuesday
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

Allyson Pecilunas said...

YUM I'll be over soon :) I am now your newest follower. Come check me out if you get a chance. Noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

Kris @ everywhereorange.com said...

this looks amazing. it is not even 10 and i am now hungry for lunch. oh how i wish this was lunch today!!!

Datssocute said...

OMG, these look amazing! Thanks so much for your comment today on my blog! I really appreciate it! I love your blog, I love crafts and food! I'm now following so I don't miss all your great things! I will definitely be back soon! ♥ BJ

Melissa said...

Delicious! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try :)

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I think I want to marry you.
Thanks so much for sharing!!! I can not wait to try this!!!
TIffany

Post a Comment